Sunday, March 11, 2012

You're S-teal the One

Today, in between steps of trying to dye yarn (more on that later), I tried out my new Nicole by OPI polish in "You're S-teal the One." First, let me say that if you look at the bottle, it's a gorgeous shimmery cerulean with hints of purple. The actual polish not so much. I thought the name was odd because the polish didn't look teal, but it's a neon, hits-you-in-the-face teal when applied. It's still shimmery, but it's more of a blue shimmer than purple.

The worst problem though is that this polish is messy. I have it all over my fingers, fingertips, underneath my fingernails... Everywhere. It's like translucent blue water when it comes out, so you need several coats. But each coat gets more polish oozing and dripping everywhere. I'm definitely not a huge fan of this stuff. I wish it were a better consisency and the color it looked like in the bottle. Plus, I paid $7.25 for this crap, so you'd think it would be good. China Glaze is way better and I picked up a bunch of those yesterday for $3. I guess I'll just have to wait for those to arrive now...

It's even more electric teal than this.

1 comment:

  1. That's a bummer! The OPI I've gotten from Sephora are all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete