Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ruby Pumps

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information read my Disclosure Policy.

After I saw The Hunger Games today, I decided to revoke my show of support for District 12 by removing Smoke and Ashes. Yes, I love the books... But I didn't feel the same way about the movie. I thought it was awfully slow in some parts, and sped up the parts I'd actually like to see. I remember the director's movie Seabiscuit being the same way -- a great story, but too slow of a movie. I'll give it another viewing later (probably on DVD) before I make my final call on the movie. But it could have been so much better.

I've been pretty excited to try China Glaze's Ruby Pumps since I picked it up, so that was the first thing on my list tonight. I wish I could have gotten a good picture of it, because to me it is exactly the color of Dorothy's slippers in The Wizard of Oz. It's a bright red polish with fine red glitter in it, so it doesn't feel as rough as most other glittery polishes I've used. It's not completely smooth, but I was pleasantly surprised. Still might do another topcoat though.

It's a deeper red (more like the bottle)

I will say that the base coat of Gelous I used with Smoke and Ashes made it a lot better. I thought black polish would never come off, but it slid off easily. I might be regretting not using it with Ruby Pumps in a few days...

Edit: Ruby Pumps came off just as easily as any other glitter polish. Which is to say not quickly... 😉

Buy here:

1 comment: