Saturday, March 10, 2012

My First Color Foam

I've gotten really lazy and hadn't dyed my hair in a while, so I decided to try something a little different. I don't have as much time as I used to, so I was hoping that the new Garnier Fructis Nourishing Color Foam would be quicker and easier than regular hair color. I picked it up in 5IM - Iced Mahogany Brown. At first I was a little wary because the directions are like "don't put the cap on -- it could explode!" and "DO NOT shake but gently rotate bottle." And it was super messy; there was foamy liquid all over the bathroom counter. Then I discovered a secret -- if you pick up the bottle and tilt it into your hand before you pump it out, it comes out cleanly. I had it sitting on the counter and was pumping it out like a soap bottle, and every time I pumped it like that, liquid came out the top and got all over the bottle, which then ended up all over the counter.

Once I got the hang of it, I loved it. It took me probably less than half the time it normally takes to dye my hair, and it looks better. Because it's closer to a liquid consistency, there are less "uh oh" places where your hair is still the same color it was before. I used to call these "highlights" since I dyed my hair basically the same color every time, but sometimes they still looked pretty wonky when you missed a larger section. If you color your hair at home, I'd definitely recommend checking out Garnier's Color Foam.

No comments:

Post a Comment