Monday, January 23, 2012

A New Beginning

This is probably the worst time in my life to start a blog. I've got a million things going on, and no time to just sit down and relax. But I'm hoping that this will be an outlet for me when the internet fails to interest me (read: Pinterest gets boring). I like to make things and I have WAY more craft supplies than I will ever be able to use in my lifetime, so I guess that's a topic I can go on about endlessly.

I scrapbook when I can haul all of my supplies into the same room (which is less often than I'd like). My current scrapbooking project is a travel album of all the trips I've been on. I need to do all of my NYC outings (sadly, the pictures of the World Trade Center were on a hard drive that died) and finish Ireland and I think I'm done. Then I have to do all of my Disney pictures, and I could do several albums on Disney alone. That will be an exercise in trimming the fat more than scrapbooking.

I used to cross stitch a lot, but my patience isn't what it used to be so I've given it up for the time being. That could be because it took me 10 years to finish my last project, lol. I'm currently about halfway through a bear birth announcement for Sylvester (who is over a year old). He'll be lucky if I finish by the time he's in kindergarten! =P I also have a cool Chinese dragon ("Celestial Dragon") by Teresa Wentzler (fantasy cross stitch designer extraordinaire) that is my first over-two cross stitch project, and the first time I've used iridescent fibers. I've barely started it, but I hope to go back to it soon.

Holly (my partner in crafting crime) taught me how to knit in November and that's my new obsession. My grandmother's been in the hospital a lot recently and I have had plenty of time to knit my first (huge) Gryffindor scarf, which I hope to take pictures of and post here when it's finished. It's taller than I am now and still not quite done. I've gone to the library and checked out tons of knitting books to see if I want to knit what I planned on next (which oscillates between 2 hats or another scarf) or completely derail my plans and go in a new direction.

I really want to learn to crochet too, but who knows when I will have time for that! The bonus to crochet is all I'd have to do is buy hooks. I have the yarn already!

Edit: I've added some posts from my old blog that are relevant to digital photography and scrapbooking, as well as a few others that felt like they belong here.

No comments:

Post a Comment