Friday, January 27, 2012

Looks Good on the Outside...

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information read my Disclosure Policy.

I've been making my Animal Cracker Hat and the inside depresses me. It's so ugly!! =P All that carrying yarn makes it look nasty inside. This might mean that the next thing I need to do is learn to line a hat so I don't have to look at it (or worse... pick it).

This project is a lot of first times for me. My first hat, first time using DPNs and circular needles, first project with multiple pieces, first time using more than two colors, first use of 2 colors in the same row... I'm surprised it's not falling apart already! My only real worry is that it's too small though. Like I said, I've never made a hat before but it looks tiny to my untrained eye. I have a HUGE head so I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it fits when I'm done. The pattern doesn't say anything about gauge, so I'm using the same size needles and praying.

Starting to look like a hat!


Also, I've got some animal crackers to celebrate the hat's completion. Hopefully I'll finish soon so I can eat them! I'd eat them and roar like a lion, but they're Winnie the Pooh crackers. I guess I'll have to settle for Tigger. ;)


Yarn used:

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment