Friday, January 27, 2012

Animal Crackers... Mmmm

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information read my Disclosure Policy.

I cheated a bit last night and started on an earflap for my next project: an Animal Cracker hat! For those of you who don't know why it's called that... It's a Harry Potter reference. In the third movie (Prisoner of Azkaban) there is a scene of the boys in the Gryffindor dormitory eating animal crackers. These crackers, in the wizarding world, make you sound like the animal you just ate. Ron roars like a lion while wearing this hat (supposedly knit for him by Mrs. Weasley). So it's an obscure Potter reference at best, and I just like the hat. Plus, it will let me use up some of the gold and wine yarn left over from my scarf. The only down side is I keep wanting animal crackers...

This is my first hat, so I was a little nervous and put it on the needles backward the first time around. =P But that is fixed and everything is running smoothly now! I have 2 (small) earflaps attached to the brim of a hat with a couple of rows of the actual hat body finished already. Hopefully I'll finish in no time!

So far...


Yarn used:

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment