Monday, February 27, 2012

Blog and Houses Lurker

I feel like I've been a lurker in my own blog this week, so I guess it's time to post something new. I've been taking a little bit of a break from knitting after finishing all my projects for 3 classes, Quidditch, and Hogsmeade weekend this month. It's the shortest month of the year and I crammed so much into it! And by "taking a break" I mean working on the scarf I started because that will take a while, going to the library to look at books about things I want to learn (sock knitting, toe-up socks, crochet, lace on a larger scale), planning an OWL, and stalking the Ravelry forums. So not really a break at all...

I'm loving the NQFY (Not Quite First Year) forum for HPKCHC (Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup) a little bit more every day, and I'll miss the familiar faces when/if I'm sorted next term. I've been looking at the Houses a lot more since Hogsmeade, when each House hosted a few events and allowed us to participate. At first I had Slytherin as third, but they've climbed up to number 2 since I've had more time to look at the threads. I think of myself as a Gryffinclaw, or Ravenclaw that desperately wants to be a Gryffindor. The HPKCHC houses aren't like their book/film counterparts though, and that took me a little time to get used to. My current preference is as follows:

  1. Gryffindor (They have Chocolate Frog Cards. Until another House does something like this, they will be number 1.)
  2. Slytherin (used to be Ravenclaw #2, but they don't have as many challenges AKA badges)
  3. Ravenclaw (have more events and I'll love you more!)
  4. Hufflepuff (Nobody wants to be a Hufflepuff. Sorry. Can't say it on Ravelry, so I have to say it here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment