Monday, May 14, 2012

UNC Beanie Take 1, Part 2

I finished my UNC beanie a couple of days ago, but I forgot to post about it! I made it long on accident, but I like the length even if it was just a smidge too long. If I made it as written, I bet it would have been too short. The top of the hat is boxy because there are four panels that decrease into the top of the hat. I tend to prefer hats that have 5 or 6 sets of decreases to make it look less boxy, but that's a personal preference and not a pattern problem. I'm going to make another for my aunt's co-worker, who saw it and already wants one! Here is my aunt modeling her new hat:



I'm going to try another Potter house hat pattern in Gryffindor colors soon to see which one I like better. It's a much lesser known pattern, but that doesn't mean it's worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment