Thursday, July 12, 2012

Parrot

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information read my Disclosure Policy.

Ok, I'll admit it... I am a sucker for a clearance bin. So when I saw some polishes on clearance at Target, I grabbed a couple. I liked this one so much that I went back and bought another in the same color. Plus a few more colors, of course!

This is a new brand for me... It's Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure. The color is called "Parrot," but it reminds me more of a margarita than a bird. Green is one of my favorite colors, but I'm more partial to blue nail polish because honestly they make better shades in blue. But this green, oh man, this green... I love it! This is one of two greens ever that have gotten my seal of approval, so take note! And I think this one is seasonal/discontinued, so go snatch them up at Target while you still can!

So you've got that I love the color... But I also love the brush! It's thick and flat, so two swipes covers my bigger (thumb) nails and one covers the smaller ones. This can have a tendency to pool polish on the sides of the nail, but once I got used to it I was a pro. Another great thing is that the end of the brush is rounded, so the polish easily takes the shape it's supposed to at the base of your nail. It's great for me to have that idiot-proofed, because I suck at getting that rounded base and I'm too lazy to go back and fix it.

I did two coats as recommended, but I topped it with Seche Vite and used Seche Clear as a base. I know it says not to, but I've seen a lot of reviews where people tried to use it as written and it chipped like a mofo. I've been wearing it for a couple of days now and it still looks great minus the typical edge wear, so no problems here! This picture was taken when I only had one coat on, but you get the idea:

It probably looks more yellow to you than it does in real life. I promise.

Buy here:

No comments:

Post a Comment